Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Epiphany


So, my Christmas tree is up, but no ornaments adorn it. The reason, you ask?

Doing anything other than working on my latest project makes me cringe.

Obsession is fickle. Usually, by this time of year, the Carpenters Christmas album has been played a million times, the house is covered with evergreen and twinkle lights, and all of the presents are wrapped. Not this year. No ho! This year, rather, this holiday season, all I think / dream / talk about is Summer’s End.

I’m pretty sure friends and family want to slip me a roofie and lock me in a closet until I come back from fantasyland. And yes, loved ones, I’ll be watching my eggnog very closely come Friday. Just kidding.


Or am I?

Anyway, the thought occurred to me that maybe my blog is like my tree. It’s set up with a few (SHINING) posts, but I’ve kind of been ignoring it. This might be a good time to slip in the cliché about the lights being on… NO! No clichés. Bad writer.

So, in the honored tradition of New Year’s resolutions, I would like to try and decorate my blog with more (SPARKLING) posts in 2010.

What are your resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. I totally wish I had that time to devote to my MS. I'm dark green with envy right now!

    And oooh Summers End eh????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you complete your awesome 1st draft in a month? You'll whip right through your edits, girl. So, you can tone down the green a degree or two. ;)

    About Summer's End, you know I'll be knocking on your door to critique, right?

    Happy Holidays!
    hhs

    ReplyDelete
  3. My NY's resolutions? Well, before reading this post they consisted of such mundane aspirations as acquiring a pet ocelot and teaching it to attack the recent influx of pesky door-to-door Jehovah's salespersons attempting to save my soul via illustrated pamphlet, devoting more time to ferret rights, and finally opting to fill my gym water bottle with a less delicious and caloric nog substitute, but now I'm thinking securing a patent on roofied eggnog is a more urgent ambition for 2010;) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so freakin' hilarious, Nicole!! Happy Holidays - hhs

    ReplyDelete