Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Apollo 79 - Mission to Patience

Patience is a virtue, or so they say. At present, three agents are reading my manuscript. Will I be virtuous?

Do I have a choice?

Beyond the bouncing off walls following calls from New York, I'm now trapped in a state of stasis. Surrounding me is a vacuum of dark despondency highlighted with small points of light, like stars, of optimistic prediction. Navigating in this space-like environment can be treacherous. Am I to be swallowed by the negative blackness of self-doubt or burned alive by the manic flames of delusion?

There has to be a happy medium, perhaps on a friendly planet, not too close to a sun and not too deep into the void. Patience lies here; within the rich soil of restraint, flowing in the waters of acceptance, and blowing in the winds of tolerance.

To me, patience is a mission; a goal to be achieved, a place to be uncovered. We are all faced with situations requiring it, but not all of us are able to find it. I'm sure there are some that disagree - comment freely.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the agents!!!!! I'm waiting for a response as well, it is going on months. Why does publishing move so sloooow? I'm sorry to say but I'm pretty much going with anyone who sneezes in my direction. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO going to work out! I say go with the manic flames of delusion. They cause far less stress wrinkles and hair loss. Just be proud you've come so far and believe in your talent. We all do:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,

    So happy about your news!

    Welcome aboard the full-manuscript-consideration spacecraft. Plotting a course for incineration.

    hhs

    ReplyDelete